Senior IT Specialist
MIDAC Solutions is seeking a Senior IT Specialist for a full-time consulting position to help augment our growing team.
A MIDAC IT Specialist will be expected to:
Take responsibility for multiple concurrent issues, and prioritize accordingly.
- Gain an extensive knowledge and understanding of multiple MIDAC client environments in order to troubleshoot and provide concise and informed solutions.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with MIDAC clients, liaising with client staff at all levels
- Clarify MIDAC client systems specifications, evaluate work practices, and provide IT oriented solutions to enhance their business processes.
- Ensure all assigned tasks are responded to and dealt with as per MIDAC and client standards.
- Take full responsibility and ownership to complete assigned tasks and projects.
- Receive and respond to MIDAC client requests on-site, remotely or via telephone and email.
- Provide remote assistance through the use of Web-based remote support tools when applicable.
- Use personal/MIDAC team resources to ensure all reasonable attempts are sought out in order to provide appropriate solutions to MIDAC clients.
- Ensure knowledge transfer of multiple client systems and procedures by thoroughly documenting client systems, infrastructures, and credentials via “MIDAC TechNotes” and also within the MIDAC CRM database.
- Monitor client systems and services and respond/resolve accordingly.
- Perform scheduled system maintenance; provide clients with systems overview and findings.
- Perform server updates and maintenance during customer-specified service windows.
- Draft and submit project plans for approval.
- Perform network discoveries and project implementations.
- Monitor, implement, document, and troubleshoot customer backups.
- Evaluate, recommend, implement, and maintain new technologies and topologies to ensure stability, security and enhanced functionality.
- Partake in rotating on-call assignment for after-hours emergencies when necessary.
Desired Skills and Experience
- University Degree / College Diploma (or equivalent).
- 3-5 years of previous IT support experience working in a technology / systems department directly supporting clients.
- Current MCITP (Microsoft Certified IT Professional) certification or equivalent Microsoft system experience.
- Current industry‐relevant certifications (Cisco, VMware, Microsoft, Citrix, etc.) is a valuable asset.
- Scripting knowledge (VBS, Batch, and HTML) considered an asset.
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Active Directory environments and implementations, including a working knowledge of Group Policy, and NTFS/Share permissions.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP networking protocols, infrastructure and architectures including the ability to provision and manage routing, switching and other network related infrastructure.
- Advanced working knowledge of server‐side applications and technologies, including (but not limited to) Microsoft Active Directory, IIS, SQL, Exchange Server, WSUS, Hyper‐V, VMware, etc.
- Advanced working knowledge of common client-side applications such as Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook‐Exchange environments, Adobe Acrobat, etc.
- Advanced understanding of enterprise class firewall/UTM configuration and management (FortiNet, SonicWall, Cisco, etc.), and VPN technologies (SSL, IPSEC, SSTP).
- Advanced working knowledge of core networking technologies such as DHCP, DNS, basic routing, firewall, etc.
- Advanced working knowledge of current industry‐standard backup and restore technologies and methodologies, such as tape drives, advanced disk‐based backups, NAS / SAN storage, Symantec BackupExec, vRanger, VEEAM, Windows Server Backup, etc.
- Advanced working knowledge of current industry‐standard productivity technologies such as Blackberry handhelds and ActiveSync‐compatible devices (iPhone, Android, etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills, including ability to communicate effectively with both IT and business personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Strong organisational and planning skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Adept at problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Must be self-motivated and must be able to meet deadlines.
- Desire to learn and take on new responsibilities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts and issues to non‐technical individuals.
- Ability to provide generalised end user training.
- Demonstrated technical leadership.
***A vehicle is a necessity, as you will be required to travel throughout the GTA to service clients***
Please send your resume in Word/PDF format with the subject line: “Senior IT Specialist” to HR@MIDAC.ca.